Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Truly, truly, truly insprirageous.

Let me begin by saying that I've been pining for a web space where I could write and post pictures of my various crafting exploits. While I do have Facebook, Myspace, Picasaweb, and Flickr accounts, neither of these really satisfies me the way a good blog does.

Anyway, the other reason why I created this blog rests in the creation of another blog (you might call it a sister blog) called All Things That Are Good, which was started by my very good friend and fellow gardener, Jessica (but you can call her Pooka.)

So, on to garden things. Miami is notoriously hot (hence the blog name) and it's a real challenge trying to get anything to grow correctly here. However, this fact has failed to deter me from the pleasures of producing delicious goodness in the form of herbs and veggies. Also, nothing feels better than proving nature wrong. YOU CAN'T BURN MY VEGGIES, BIATCH. I GOT THIS.

Now. Feast your eyes upon my recent victories!

From Garden Madness 2009


If you'd like to see larger image and plant names, click on the image and you'll see the full album.

Upcoming adventures:
-Building a permanent home for wilder veggies, such as squash and pumpkin
-Hydroponic strawberries, tomatoes and bell peppers
-Growing my first fruit tree
-Experiments with organic fungicides and pesticides
-Backyard composting (featuring the all important Red-Worm)
-Raising a successful flower bed
-If necessary: Pet proofing my garden
-Cooking with fresh herbs
-Extracting rosemary and lavender oils for homemade bath products
-Successfully cloning plants - chemically and organically
-Training vine plants
-Growing moss
-Above ground ponds, water plants, and pond pets
-Growing misplaced plants, otherwise known as weeds
-Maintaining a healthy butterfly garden (and conquering my fear of butterflies)
-Mounting stag horn ferns and other air plants
-Cooking with fresh veggies and fruits
-Edible flowers
-Citrus and the dangers of growing such delicious fruit in Florida
and more. <3

1 comments:

Pooka said...

Damn girl! I cant wait to go over tomorrow- the backyard looks so different since I was last there. cant wait to go garden crazy <3

Post a Comment